MSI Afterburner is a redesigned version of the Riva Tuner utility that allows the user to overclock the GPU and memory, adjust the rotation speed of coolers and monitor the general temperature and frequency indicators. You can download the latest version of MSI Afterburner in Russian at the end of the article, but before that, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with a small overview of the program.
MSI Afterburner is the most famous, popular and reliable tool for overclocking video cards.
The list of application features is quite extensive and looks as follows:
- Regulation of the power supply of the video adapter.
Setting the limits of frequency and temperature parameters, upon reaching which the program automatically activates the protective technology.
- Overclocking the core frequency of the video card.
- Overclocking the memory frequency.
- Change the speed of rotation of the cooler on the video adapter.
- Monitoring current temperature, frequency, voltage, and load levels to
- identify potential problems.
- Configuring the voltage of the GPU, memory and automatic frequency control system.
- A conclusion of parameters necessary for monitoring during game and many other things.
For the safe use of any function proposed by the utility, it is necessary to clearly understand that incorrect actions can disable system components – when making any changes, it is recommended to use accurate instructions and constantly check current indicators.
Advantages and disadvantages
Afterburner does not have a large number of competitors and unconditionally occupies a leading position in its category, however we will nevertheless outline the main “strengths” and “weaknesses” of the program.
- Providing all the required functions for working with a graphics adapter.
- Compatible with all versions of Windows OS of any capacity.
- Convenient structured interface.
- The presence of a large number of personalization options.
- Support for the Russian language.
- Ability to conduct stress tests of equipment.
- Relatively low system requirements.
- Perhaps an overloaded interface that is not convenient for beginners.
- A large number of details in the design of the program.
We will draw up a brief instruction for working with the tool we are considering.
How to use
The whole process of using the utility can be summarized in a brief instruction below:
- Run the utility and configure the primary parameters – the need for autorun, compatibility properties, parameters of the update search system and compatibility indicators. Save changes.
- Adjust the Core Clock slider to change the frequencies at which the video card works (raise it by a few points and test temperature indicators in third-party stress tests).
- We change the values in the Memory Clock to change the memory frequency – it is not necessary to sharply raise the parameters, and it is recommended to check each change with a test.
- To start monitoring the FPS and temperature indicators in the game, open “Settings”, go to the “Monitoring” tab, activate the necessary values, put a check in the item “Show in the overlay screen display” and click on “OK”.
- To adjust the cooler rotation speed, change the value in the Fan Speed line.
As you can see, the program is quite easy to use. Despite this, in no case should you try to overclock the video card without preliminary preparation and without conducting constant tests – rash actions can lead to the failure of the adapter.
Translated from: https://os-helper.ru/
Clicking on this link will start downloading MSI Afterburner.